Last Updated on
This Berry Peach Galette uses fresh summer fruit for a beautiful, rustic dessert! Includes simple recipe for homemade dough, or use store bought pie crust dough.
When did we decide that perfect was beautiful? I think I might be in the minority here, but when I see a perfect pie lattice or a beautifully decorated cake, I just get stressed out just thinking about getting it "just right." When I first considered making this Berry Peach Galette, I originally envisioned it as a pie. But, since 2020 has me a little weary, I went for pie's lazy (but fancy-sounding) cousin, a peach galette!
Making a galette instead of a traditional pie takes removes a lot of pressure. You don't have to worry about rolling the dough until it's an even thickness, making sure the dough doesn't tear, crimping the edges evenly or putting a beautiful top on it!
Now, if making the perfect pie is your thing, don't think I'm hating on you! I just know it's not for me. I love galettes like this Berry Peach Galette because they're perfectly imperfect. They're rustic and their imperfections make them interesting!
I used blueberries in this Berry Peach Galette, but I encourage you to use any tart berries that you have on hand. Blackberries and raspberries are great substitutions, as well.
And, because I know you will ask, yes of course you can use pre-made pie crust for this. Buy ONE refrigerated pie dough crust, and that should be enough to make this peach galette!
If you love this berry peach galette, I think you'll also enjoy:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and sliced butter, Use a pastry blender or fork to incorporate the butter into the flour until the mixture forms into crumbly beads.
- Add cottage cheese and mix with a fork until combined. Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add almond extract, brown sugar, peaches, blueberries and cornstarch. Gently toss to combine.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a baking sheet.
- Place fruit into center of dough, leaving about 2 inches of dough empty around the edge.
- Fold the edges of the dough over, crimping and pleating as needed.
Brush the beaten egg over crust edges and sprinkle with 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Bake on center rack for about 45 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool before slicing.