Learn how to make Sweet Tea Popsicles, made with Red Diamond Sweet Tea!
Summer looks a little different for us this year! My family is doing our best to enjoy sweet, simple traditions at home. For example, I bought some popsicle molds so my son and I could make homemade popsicles! The molds arrived in time to make some Sweet Tea Popsicles for the 4th of July holiday weekend!
During the summer, I keep my fridge stocked with Red Diamond Sweet Tea. It tastes like summer to me! Red Diamond is a family-owned business that makes REAL tea, made only of tea leaves, water and sugar. Their tea is so fresh, that you can only find it in the refrigerated section!
There’s nothing better than sweet tea in the summer but making Sweet Tea Popsicles is next level! And, it's easy to make delicious popsicles when you start with high quality sweet tea.
You can make these Sweet Tea Popsicles with only tea, or you can try these modifications:
- Mix in fresh cut fruit! Blackberries, peach, pineapple, and mango slices are all excellent pairings.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into each mold before freezing.
- Zest lemon or orange rind into the sweet tea before freezing
- Make Arnold Palmer Popsicles of half lemonade and half tea! Fill the molds with lemonade, freeze for one hour, add tea, and return to the freezer until frozen.
- To make these popsicles more “adult-friendly,” you can add ½ ounce of vodka for every 8 ounces of fluid!
Making homemade popsicles is simple, once you know a few tips and tricks:
- Once frozen, it can be difficult to remove the popsicles from the mold. Dip the mold in warmed water to make the popsicles easy to pull out.
- Sweet tea will expand as it freezes. Allow 1/4 to 1/2 inch of room in the mold to allow for it to expand without overflow.
- Remove the popsicles soon after freezing and store in a Ziploc bag for up to three months.
I hope that you enjoy these Sweet Tea Popsicles! You can find Red Diamond Sweet Tea at a store near you.