Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes is an easy, one pan dinner! Make this andouille sausage pasta for the whole family. They will love it!
I'm a sucker for one pan meals. This Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage is technically a two pan meal, since you do have to boil the pasta, but it still has the benefit of not requiring a big clean-up effort after dinner!
It's a creamy, spicy pasta with andouille sausage, which is one of my favorite sausages.
"This was awesome (and spicy)! Instead of using canned diced tomatoes, we cut up a fresh tomato and sautéed a shallot and a clove of garlic beforehand. We also added fresh basil for garnish." - Blog Reader Comment
I've been experimenting with this Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage for a while now. Typically, you see Cajun pasta recipes with chicken or shrimp.
I like to use authentic andouille sausage, which cooks up super quickly in the skillet AND adds a ton of authentic Cajun flavors.
Most Cajun pasta recipes call for cream, but honestly, I think it's unnecessary in most cases. I prefer to use low fat cream cheese, which has about half the calories.
Cream cheese also has a much longer shelf life, and you can freeze it! I don't even want to know how many partially used cartons of heavy cream I've thrown out over the years because I've used a small portion and the rest goes bad.
Use whatever type of pasta you like for this recipe! But, I would recommend that you use a tubular shaped pasta, like penne, rigatoni or cavatappi. Why? Because the hollowed out shape of the pasta will hold the cream sauce inside, making a delicious bite every time!
This pasta uses light cream cheese to make a rich, creamy, and super flavorful andouille sausage pasta dish that is ready in about 20 minutes. You can fit that in on a weeknight, right? Here are some other quick pasta dishes you may enjoy!
- Creamy Pasta Salad with Burger's Smokehouse Summer Sausage
- Easy Bratwurst Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Easy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Crab Linguine Carbonara Pasta
Serve this Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage with crusty bread and top with grated Parmesan, and let the good times roll!
- 16 oz pasta
- 1 lb andouille sausage, uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 9 oz diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage on medium high until cooked through, about ten minutes.*
- Cut cooked sausage into bite-sized pieces and return to the pan.
- To the skillet, add 8 oz cream cheese and diced tomatoes and reduce heat to low. Stir constantly until cream cheese melts.
- Add spices and chicken broth into skillet, stir until well combined.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet, stir and serve.
- *Precooked sausage is fine.