Chicken Pasta with Rosa Sauce
This simple Chicken Pasta with Rosa Sauce will quickly become a weekly staple in your house. Just 25 minutes and you’ve got a delicious pasta dinner on the table!
Just like most families, the quality of our weeknight meals really ebbs and flows. It depends on how busy we are at work, how stocked the fridge is, and if I did a good job at planning our meals for the week.
Some weeks it’s pretty dire around here and we’re left staring at each other at 6:30 pm wondering if cinnamon toast is an acceptable dinner, and if our kid will survive if he eats his 100th hot dog for the week! I’ve always wanted to be honest about that, because despite the fact I blog about food, I do NOT have it all together.
That’s why I love meals like this Chicken Pasta with Rosa Sauce because having recipes like this in your arsenal can be lifesavers. It comes together quickly. It uses (mostly) ingredients you probably have on hand already.
And your family will totally snarf it down! It’s one of the few dishes that my husband asks to have more than once every few months. This pasta is also easily deconstructed for my toddler, I separate out the noodles and sauce, chunks of chicken, and sauteed mushrooms for him.
If you have fresh mushrooms on hand (you can definitely substitute canned mushrooms), chances are you have everything else I need to make this pasta dish!
The type of noodle that you use doesn’t matter a bit. I used spaghetti because that’s what I had. Penne Rosa? Linquine Rosa? All good!
I used rotisserie chicken, but you could also use leftover grilled chicken, or throw some chicken breast in the slow cooker the morning before you make this pasta. Whatever works best for you! Also, I use fresh mushrooms, but canned would work just fine. Just skip the step where you saute them and throw them directly in the sauce.
If you enjoy this pasta recipe, I think you’d also LOVE these recipes:
- Skillet Italian Chicken and Zucchini
- Crab Linguine Carbonara
- Creamy Pasta Salad with Burgers’ Smokehouse Summer Sausage
- Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
- Easy Bratwurst Pasta
- 16 ounces dried pasta (I use spaghetti)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced to bite sized pieces
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Set a pot of water to boil and cook pasta to package instructions. Drain and lightly coat in oil to keep from sticking together.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat on medium high. Add onion and saute for about 2 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute on medium-high heat for four minutes. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and the garlic powder.
- Add chicken and marinara sauce, bring to a rolling boil.
- Add milk and parmesan cheese, stir until well combined and heated through.
- Serve over pasta.
- Great for leftovers!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 92mgSodium 1263mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 7gSugar 13gProtein 43g