This Easy Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf is the perfect healthier weeknight meal. It’s topped with an easy barbecue glaze and french fried onions!
We’re back in the swing of things! My family and I just got back from our annual trip to Mexico to visit family. This year, we were there for 12 full days. Easily the longest, and most relaxing vacation we’ve had. There’s something so nice about not having to jam in all your activities because you only have a few days to get it all in! I took a nap every day. Every single day! We swam, ate, played games, and slept in. And, then we had to come back to the real world. Like I said in my most recent post, it’s frighteningly cold here in Kansas City. So, in addition to getting back to the daily grind, we came back to temps that were nearly 80 degrees cooler than what we saw in Mexico! And, a very empty fridge, and a to-do list as long as my arm. Sigh. The first week back was full of takeout! But last week, I started cooking at home again using simple recipes like this Easy Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf.
I have to be honest, and tell you that I don’t love traditional meatloaf. It’s the ketchup topping, I think. But, I really love this Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf! I drew inspiration from my favorite burger, a Cowboy Burger. Cowboy Burgers are traditionally topped with barbecue sauce, bacon, and french fried onions. They are so good, and so decadent. This Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf is a healthier take on it, using lean turkey, a simple two-ingredient barbecue glaze, and just a sprinkle of french fried onions. I guess you could sprinkle bacon on it, but since we’re trying to be a bit healthier for the New Year, I skipped it!
To make this healthy turkey meatloaf, I used Honeysuckle White’s HomeStyle Turkey Meatloaf! This new product is already in an aluminum pan and is ready for baking, so all you have to do is get it in the oven! It’s very easy to clean up!
- 1 Honeysuckle White HomeStyle Turkey Meatloaf
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Follow package instructions, baking for 45-50 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
- With 5 minutes remaining on bake time, carefully remove the meatloaf from the oven. Spread the Worchestershire sauce mix on top of the meatloaf. Return to oven to bake for remaining five minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with french fried onions before serving.
- If you're unable to find the pre-made meatloaf in your store, try
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder before mixing and placing in pan to bake. Follow remainder of recipe above.
This post was sponsored by Honeysuckle White. All opinions remain my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love that make this blog possible!