Fall flavors come alive in this Broccoli Cranberry Salad with Apples, Bacon and Walnuts! Broccoli, cranberries, diced apples, bacon and walnuts are tossed with a creamy and sweet maple dressing. Serve cold!
I don’t have an oven right now. Well, I have one, but not a functioning one. We were cleaning it one day, and it was locked. It never unlocked and threw an error! When we had the appliance repair man out, he said that the part needed and labor would be about half the cost of a new oven, because parts are scarce for our particular 19-year-old oven. And, the part we need would take 5-6 weeks to get in. Well, dang. We figured that was a subtle sign it was time to install a new one, but we sure weren’t planning on it! We’re in the midst of a huge remodel right now for our entryway and downstairs living area. And, we’re having plumbing issues. It’s just how it goes, right? So, lately, I’ve been doing a TON of simple stove top meals and no cook meals. It’s been a challenge at time, but I’ve learned to cook a mean chicken breast in the skillet (evidenced by this Maple Dijon Chicken Breast) and have thrown together some AMAZING veggie heavy dishes, like this Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad that is PERFECT for fall and winter dinners! And now, I’m sharing this Broccoli Cranberry Salad with Apples, Bacon and Walnuts, which is both perfect for fall AND for the holidays!
Broccoli salads are a favorite in our house. I love them because they’re yummy, and they keep so well in the fridge. I will eat a batch for days! My husband and son love broccoli salad because it’s one of the few veggies that we can all agree to love. I love changing up classic recipes for the season. Adding cranberries instead of raisins was a no brainer. I swapped walnuts for sunflower seeds (you can keep the sunflower seeds if you love them!) And I added apples which I really love for the crunch! The dressing was modified with maple syrup instead of sugar, which is a subtle change but gives it enough flavor.
I hope you love this Broccoli Cranberry Salad with Apples, Bacon and Walnuts. I know that it will become a staple at our house, especially through the colder months! If you love this recipe, I think you’d also like my Cauliflower Broccoli Salad.Print
- 1/2 pound maple bacon, cooked and diced
- 6 cups raw broccoli, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 honeycrisp apple, sliced into matchstick pieces
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, add bacon, broccoli, onion, cranberries, walnuts and apple.
- In a smaller bowl, add mayonnaise, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Stir until well combined.
- Add mayonnaise dressing to broccoli mixture. Stir until well combined, chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Keep covered in refrigerator when not serving.
- Please do not cook the brocolli or cauliflower! This is best when the main veggies were raw.
- Please do not cook the broccoli! This is best when the main veggies are raw.
- Serving Size: 6