Easy Cake Mix Cherry Cobbler (3 Ingredient Recipe)
This 3-ingredient cherry cobbler is one of the easiest desserts you can make! It’s a delicious dessert that only takes 10 minutes to put together.
Need dessert in a hurry? This is the one! This 3-ingredient cherry dump cake is delightful! It’s the perfect dessert to throw together for a potluck or family reunion.
The name “dump cake” comes from how this recipe is prepared. You simply dump the ingredients into a baking dish, and bake! The canned cherry pie filling forms the base, followed by a box of cake mix, followed by a melted stick of butter. As the delicious cherry cobbler bakes, a buttery crust will form.
I think the word “cake” is a bit of a misnomer, because this easy dump cake recipe is really more like a simple cherry cobbler than a cake!
A delicious fruit cobbler is always welcome at summer gatherings. I like to make this easy cherry cobbler recipe and serve it with
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? Check out all of my dessert recipes on Blackberry Babe.
Recipe Substitutions and Additions:
- Instead of the box of yellow cake mix, feel free to use white cake mix, lemon cake mix
- Or make a chocolate cherry dump cake by using a chocolate cake mix
- Use sugar free cake mix and/or pie filling if you are watching sugar intake
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract to the cherry filling
- Add a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cherry pie filling for an upside-down cake twist!
- Use a gluten-free cake mix to make this a gluten-free cherry cobbler
- Add fresh fruit to the pie filling, like fresh cherries, fresh strawberries or blackberries!
Can I make this in a crock pot?
Of course! Layer the ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
Can I use homemade cherry pie filling?
Yes, of course you can. Use your homemade cherry pie filling as a 1:1 replacement.
You can store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. You can also wrap the baking dish with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
This cherry dump cake is a great dessert served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy it warm or at room temperature!
Looking for other dump cake recipes? I have several! Check out all of my dump cake recipes on Blackberry Babe.
- 12 ounces salted butter, melted
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling
- 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- To the baking dish, add cherry pie filling.
- To a medium bowl, add the cake mix and ½ cup of the melted butter. Mix with a fork the cake mix is wet and starting to form a crumble. Don’t over-mix it.
- With clean hands sprinkle the cake mix crumble on top.
- Drizzle the remaining butter on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 452Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 61mgSodium 462mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.