Make this beautiful shrimp and gnocchi pesto dish in just one skillet. It's ready in about 15 minutes!
It's that time of year when things feel a bit busy and quick skillet dinners really come in handy! For this recipe, I used a few of my favorite ingredients for speedy meals.
- Gnocchi: No matter how you cook it, gnocchi is a fast, filling addition to mealtime. We pan fry it in this recipe, adding caramelization and crunch to the pillowy potato dumplings.
- Pesto: Pesto is a total flavor bomb, and a simple, nutritious addition to your skillet and pasta dinners!
- Shrimp: Shrimp is one of the quickest cooking proteins, which makes it a favorite for weeknight dinners.
My husband and I loved this recipe. Quick and easy to put together. We enjoyed the potato gnocchi as a nice alternative to pasta. We make our own pesto so always looking for recipes with pesto. Also Just shared with our son who likes to try quick, healthy new recipes. Thanks! This is a winner. 🏅- Jan
How to Pan Fry Gnocchi
If you've never pan fried gnocchi, don't fear! It's super simple. We start with a fat in a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan. I like to use avocado oil due to it's high smoke point, but olive oil works well too.
Heat the oil and add the gnocchi. Allow to fry on one side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown, then flip. Fry on the remaining side for 3-4 minutes.
In this recipe, I'll have you remove the gnocchi to drain on a paper towel while you work on the shrimp and peppers. If you're doing a simple sauced gnocchi, feel free to add the sauce directly to the pan once the gnocchi are done frying!
I chose an extra nutritious pesto for this dish; Sea Asparagus Pesto from Foraged and Found! I love this pesto because it has a bright, fresh flavor from the sea asparagus, which is a superfood.
This dish is ready in right around 15 minutes and FULL of flavor! I hope that you enjoy it. Remember to leave me a comment if you give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 16 ounces shrimp, thawed
- 4 tablespoons Foraged & Found Sea Asparagus Pesto
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- To a large non-stick skillet or cast iron pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and heat on medium-high heat.
- Add gnocchi and pan fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip, and fry for an added 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and allow to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- To same skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add peppers and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds, do not allow to burn.
- Add shrimp and saute for 4-5 minutes until opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pesto and red pepper flakes, stir to combine, encouraging pesto to adhere to the shrimp.
- Add gnocchi to the skillet, then add Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and melted butter. Toss to combine and serve at once.