Make this Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms recipe for game day! You'll love these cheesy stuffed mushrooms with sausage. Oven and air fryer instructions included.
It's almost time for the big game! In years past, all I cared about was the food! But this year, there's a chance that my beloved Chiefs will be in the mix again. So, I will care about the game AND the delicious game day food like these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms!
These Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a super versatile recipe!
I have made many substitutions over the years, and they're always delicious, Here are some substitution suggestions:
- Instead of Italian Sausage, substitute any seasoned ground sausage
- Instead of baby bella mushrooms, use traditional white mushrooms
- Instead of panko breadcrumbs, use traditional italian style breadcrumbs
- Instead of cream cheese, use Boursin cheese
Traditionally, these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are baked in the oven.
But, they can also be cooked in the air fryer or on the grill!
- For Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms, air fry at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- For Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms, place stuffed mushrooms in an aluminum pan. Grill over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
Anytime you make stuffed mushrooms, you have the option to use the removed stems! Just dice them up and add them to the sausage and cream cheese mixture.
If you need more delicious appetizer recipes to serve with these stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese, I have some suggestions!
- The Best Football Appetizers - Snacks for Game Day!
- 5 Bacon Appetizers to Include on your Holiday Bacon Bar!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Buffalo Pig Wings
- Cajun Crab Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Candied Bacon Baked Brie
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
I hope that you enjoy this Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms recipe! If you make it, let me know in the comments!
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, whole, stems removed
- 8 oz italian sausage
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon parsley
1. Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and dry mushrooms, remove stems.
3. Brown sausage for 4-5 minutes until crumbled and cooked through. Remove from skillet and allow to drain on paper towel lined plate.
4. Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese to skillet. Cook on low heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
5. Add drained sausage crumbles, breadcrumbs and spices to cheese mixture. Stir well to combine.
6. Place de-stemmed mushroom caps on greased baking sheet upside down. Spoon sausage and cheese mixture into mushroom cavities.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is nicely browned and the mushrooms are tender.
8. Serve warm.
Garnish with fresh or dried parsley for extra color.
50+ Savoury Mushroom Recipes | The Winged Fork
Monday 8th of February 2021
[…] An easy recipe for game day! Everyone loves these cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, and they’re keto-friendly! These Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a super versatile recipe! View this Recipe […]