Peach Bread with Pecans
Have a bunch of fresh peaches? This Peach Bread with Pecans will use them up! It’s delicious, with cinnamon and vanilla flavoring, kind of like a summer version of pumpkin bread!
There are some things that I hope never go away. Orchards that are open to the public are one of them! Recently, we took my son to a pick-your-own orchard about an hour north of our house. I had so much fun showing him how apples and peaches grow! We picked some honeycrisp apples (YUM) and the very last peaches of the season straight from the tree. The only bad thing about these orchards is that you inevitably pick more than your family can eat before they spoil, so you have to get creative in the kitchen! Pies, apple butter and salsas happen in abundance after our trips and I’m not sad about it! At the orchard, they had some recipes available and I snagged the recipe for this Peach Bread with Pecans on my way out. I’m so glad I did because it’s a total winner!
Normally, I’d make a peach pie when I have a ton of fresh peaches, but I just made a gooseberry pie. So, peach bread sounded like a great idea instead of a pie! This quick peach bread is very easy to make. I spent about 15 minutes getting the batter together, and it took right around 45 minutes to bake in the oven. I think that the pecans are a great addition, but they’re optional, of course! Next time I make this, I’m going to try sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top as a streusel of sorts, I think it would add a nice little crunch!
If you’re in need of another idea to use fresh peaches, I’d highly recommend these Blackberry Peach Hand Pies! They’re easier than they look since they use frozen puff pastry!
- 3 cups fresh peaches
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1.5 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Blend peaches and 6 tbsp sugar in a blender until pureed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine 1.5 cups sugar and butter, creaming well.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add peaches and dry ingredients, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into two well greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpicks inserted in the center come out almost clean.
- Cool at least 10 minutes prior to removing from pan.