Last Updated on
This Jerk Salmon recipe is sugar free and Whole 30 compliant! The perfect Whole 30 salmon recipe to stay on your plan, topped with a fresh fruit salsa.
It’s no secret that I love jerk seasoning (see my Crock Pot Jerk Chicken with a Orange Glaze recipe for proof), but jerk seasoning is laden with sugar. I’m down with sugar, but the increasingly large amount of my friends trying the Whole 30 challenge are not!
I keep being told that I need to make more Whole 30 friendly recipes, and if you know me, I’m always up for a challenge.
Whole 30 requires that you eat primarily meat, fruits and vegetables for 30 days. Alcohol, sugar, grains and dairy are forbidden. I’ve heard it’s hard. SO hard.
But, that if you can stick with it your energy levels shoot through the roof, you sleep better, and lose a ton of weight! Most people use it as a cleanse or “re-set” for their body, to get rid of bad cravings and habits.
Whether you’re doing the Whole 30 challenge or not (like me), this salmon is a delicious, easy recipe that screams summer!
Ready? Let’s make this Whole 30 Salmon Recipe!
First, in a small bowl, combine mango, pineapple, shallots, cilantro, and lime juice for the salsa. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and put the salsa in the fridge to chill.
Next, place the salmon skin side down on a lightly greased roasting pan. Set your oven to broil. In another small bowl, add your clarified butter (ghee) and spices, combine and make into a paste.
You will need clarified butter (ghee) for this recipe. Find it at your grocery store, or add this affordable option from Amazon to your cart.
Next, pop the plain salmon into the oven to broil on high for two minutes. Use the top rack if you can. After two minutes, remove the salmon and carefully spread the butter/spice mixture on top of the salmon. Pop it back in the oven for two more minutes. Remove, top with salsa, and serve!
I hope that you enjoy this Whole 30 Salmon Recipe! If you love this Jerk Salmon Recipe, I think you’ll also enjoy these salmon recipes:
- Easy Salmon Quiche with Spinach
- Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon
- Praline Glazed Salmon
- Herb Crusted Salmon with Tomato Relish
For the jerk seasoning*
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2/3 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 tsp cinnamon
For the salsa
- 1/3 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mango, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
- 10 ounces fresh salmon
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)*
- In a small bowl, combine mango, pineapple, cilantro, shallot and lime juice. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set in refrigerator to chill.
- Set oven to broil on high.
- Set salmon filets on a well greased baking sheet, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, combine the jerk seasoning spices and clarified butter. Stir into a wet paste.
- Place salmon in oven for 2 minutes on the top rack.
- Remove from oven. Carefully spread the jerk seasoning paste on, and return to oven for another two minutes.
- Top with salsa and serve.
- *If you are not following the Whole 30 plan, this recipe just got a whole lot easier! Substitute 2 tbsp prepared jerk seasoning and 2 tbsp regular butter.