My husband's banana bread recipe is one of the best! It's simple to make and delicious every time.
It's rare that I share two dessert recipes in one week, but to be honest, it's been one of those weeks when baked goods are a daily necessity.
At least both of the recipes incorporate fresh fruit!
When my husband and I first started to date, I was amazed at how handy he was in the kitchen. My mother-in-law has an adventurous, loving spirit and the heart of a teacher.
She has just the right disposition to encourage her two young babes to learn to cook without stressing about how messy the kitchen was, or whether or not the recipe came out perfect.
My husband is kind of famous for his banana bread. He isn't a one trick pony, but this is by far his most requested dish.
I call it "famous" because it was published in a cookbook, something I won't ever let him forget (kind of like the time he was a baby model for Osh Kosh B'Gosh, no joke).
He could make this bread without referencing any recipe, he's got it memorized!
This is not a fancy banana bread, but it's a moist, flavorful, and consistently great recipe that your family will ask for. To my husband, and now to me and my son, it tastes like home.
Craig's Famous Banana Bread
Your new favorite banana bread recipe! Simple to make with basic ingredients.
- 1 stick butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- ½ cup milk with 1 teaspoon baking soda added in
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Cream with a mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs and mashed bananas, mix for 30 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Add milk, baking soda and salt, stir.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add flour and baking powder, whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture in ⅓ cup ingredients, mixing gently to combine each time.
- Add batter to greased loaf pan and bake for one hour at 325 degrees.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Although Craig does not agree with me, I love to add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin spice to this bread for extra fragrance. 🙂
For muffins, put into lined muffin tins and bake 25-30 minutes
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 78mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 2gSugar 31gProtein 6g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.
If you love this Banana Bread recipe, I think you'll also enjoy:
Fresh Pear Bread - Easy, homemade bread with fresh pears!
Wednesday 24th of March 2021
[…] Craig's Famous Banana Bread […]