This Crab Fried Rice brings some thai flavor to traditional fried rice! Cilantro, lime and ginger make this crab fried rice fragrant and delicious!
Today, I'm sharing a SUPER delicious Crab Fried Rice recipe. But first, I have to share with you how this recipe came to be.
Our little family recently moved to the 'burbs of Kansas City. We moved in search of better schools, safer neighborhoods and more space. Before we moved, we lived in the coolest neighborhood ever. I talked about it a little bit in this recipe for Ooey Gooey Butter Donuts.
We're adjusting to suburban life. Nice parks, great neighbors, and quiet are welcome in this phase of our life. The one thing that we have not gotten used to is the lack of great food in our area. We were so spoiled with local restaurants within walking distance of our old house. Our new neighborhood's most exotic location is Hooter's (I wish I was kidding).
But, there's always a silver lining, right? In a tiny strip mall, we found a tiny Thai restaurant. It's about two miles from our house, and is a total hidden gem. The menu is more adventurous than most Thai restaurants here, and sometimes creative to the point of me questioning the sanity of the owner. Nonetheless, I have to thank them for this recipe.
I frequently order the crab fried rice from our new favorite Thai restaurant. I love the fresh take on flavors. Cilantro, lime and ginger seamlessly meld together and make the dish taste fresh and vibrant. This version of fried rice isn't very heavy on soy sauce, but I promise you won't miss it! Top with sriracha, another squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro for a beautiful dish!
If you love this Crab Fried Rice recipe, I think you'll also enjoy:
- 3 cups instant white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup white onion, chopped.
- ½ cup carrots, shaved
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces of claw crab meat (pouch or can)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ lime
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine white rice and water in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, then allow to stand until water is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil on medium high.
- Add onion and carrots. Saute for three minutes.
- Push onions and carrots to the side of the pan. Add eggs and scramble until cooked through, about one minute.
- Add butter,crab, ginger and garlic. Saute for one minute, or until crab is heated through.
- Add rice to pan, stir well to combine. Add soy sauce and remaining ½ tablespoon of sesame oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Squeeze juice of lime into pan. Add cilantro. Stir and serve.