These no bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are so delicious, your family will beg you to make them over and over again!
I am serving in my third year as a Harvesters Ambassador. Harvesters is the community food network that serves the greater Kansas City area, providing over 42 million meals each year. From working with Harvesters, I’ve learned that there is a great need for food assistance in the summer, which surprised me! Up to 18 million kids in our country are at risk for insufficient meals during the summer months. This is because they lose access to free and reduced school lunch programs during this time.
As a parent, I try to frequently have the conversation with my son about children going hungry in our community. He’s still pretty little, so I try to relate our conversation to something he loves dearly. Right now, that’s peanut butter! My little guy loves peanut butter and chocolate everything , like these no bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars, and his favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
So, when we visit our local Price Chopper, we always pick up some extra peanut butter, and put it in the donation barrels. Peanut butter is something that my son loves, but it’s also a wonderful item to donate. It’s shelf stable, and stretches a long way. It’s also filling and full of protein, perfect for filling hungry bellies when meat might not be feasible.
Besides donating canned goods, there are other ways to help! This web-site provides great resources on how to have these tough conversations with your children. Once you have the conversation, you can talk with your children about how they’d like to help. Harvesters has many ways to help solve the summer nutrition gap, including giving food, giving time, or giving money. You can find all of the options to help on Harvesters web-site under “Take Action.”
I hope that you enjoy these delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bars! If you have any questions on how you can help fix summertime hunger in our community, drop me a comment.
- ¾ cup Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter – softened
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 13 full graham cracker sheets
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Prepare a 9×9 baking pan by lining it with foil and then spraying with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine peanut butter, salt, powdered sugar and mix together until crumbly. You should be able to make a ball in your hand without the mixture sticking to your hand.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and vegetable oil together. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave again for 30 seconds at a time, until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Line the bottom of your pan with graham crackers. Spread about a ¼ cup of chocolate across the top.
- Next, take your peanut butter mixture and make balls with the peanut butter in your hand. Smash the balls flat and lay them out on top of the chocolate layer, covering the entire pan.
- Spread another ¼ cup of chocolate on top of the peanut butter. Make another layer of graham crackers and then top with the remaining chocolate.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, allow the bars to sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes first, then serve.
- Store in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 9