Easy Summer Beer Cocktail
Summer Beer is the perfect cocktail for a group. Like a shandy, it’s made with with light beer, lemon and lime soda, and vodka. It’s a summer punch with citrus flavors perfect for a hot summer day!
Fellow parents of young children, how often do you get to see your friends? It seems like with our crazy work schedules, it’s tough. And now that we’re all adding in our kids’ sports commitments as well, it’s nearly impossible!
When we do find time to see each other, we get together at each other’s houses and potluck on a sunny day. It’s so easy because the kids can play and entertain themselves while we visit.
Summer barbecues are ideal for refreshing cocktails like this Easy Summer Beer.
The best summer beers are not too sweet and not too alcoholic tasting. This makes this a great drink for those who aren’t beer drinkers normally! And, it’s easy to make one or a whole batch!
For this easy Summer Beer recipe, I made a simple substitution. I used 7UP instead of the typical limeade or lemonade concentrate. Using a concentrate makes for a very sweet beer cocktail.
I wanted something that was tart and crisp. Something more suitable for hot summer days! You also have the flexibility use to Diet 7UP if needed.
What type of beer should I use for Summer Beer?
The perfect summer beer is light with a crisp finish, so keep that in mind. You will definitely want a lighter beer for this, and you definitely don’t have to spring for craft beer since it’s a punch. I think the best beers are worth drinking by themselves! Regardless, here are a few Here are a few that I’ve tried:
- Busch Light (or any light body pilsner)
- Blue Moon
- A hazy IPA
- Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- Allagash White
- Boulevard Wheat Beer
Your summer beer with have a golden color and nice, citrus flavors! It’s so refreshing on hot days; the perfect beer cocktail.
I hope that you enjoy this Easy Summer Beer cocktail recipe, and get to spend a lot of time with friends and family this summer. Cheers!
Summer Beer for 1
- 12 ounces light beer (1 bottle or can)
- 9 ounces 7UP
- 1-½ oz. vodka
- lime or lemon for garnish
Summer Beer for 8
- 96 ounces light beer (8 bottles or cans)
- 72 ounces 7UP
- 12 ounces vodka
- lemon or lime for garnish
- For 1: In a 24 ounce cup, fill it halfway with ice. Slowly pour in the beer, allowing the foam to settle. Slowly pour in the 7UP, again allowing the foam to settle. Top with vodka and citrus garnish, give a vigorous stir.
- For 8: In a container or pitcher that can hold at least 2 gallons, add several handfuls of ice. Slowly pour in the beer, allowing the foam to settle. Slowly pour in the 7UP, again allowing the foam to settle. Top with vodka and citrus garnish, give a vigorous stir.