This Crockpot Corn Chowder will become a cold weather staple in your house! It’s packed with chicken, potatoes, and creamy goodness!
Well, folks, it’s the new year. Time for everybody to diet, right? I have one tiny little issue. It’s COLD. Like negative degrees cold here in Kansas City. Who has EVER said, “Brrrrrr, it’s cold outside. Better break out the kale! Really would like some grilled tilapia with it, too!” Nobody. Nobody says that. This is why us who live in areas with cold winters are a little fluffier than the rest of you warm weather people. I have plenty of healthy(ish) recipes ready to go for you this month. But, this ain’t one of them. Since I’m completely frozen right now, here is a delightful Crockpot Corn Chowder recipe to fill up your belly, and warm you right up!
Making this Crockpot Corn Chowder is so simple. Dump most of the ingredients (including creamed corn, yum) into the slow cooker and let it go! Don’t add the creamy ingredients until the last few minutes, because they have a tendency to curdle and stuff when heated over long periods. I usually take the lid off the slow cooker, and turn it to warm for at least 5-10 minutes before incorporating the cream cheese and whipping cream.
I’m big on soup in the cold weather months, so if you love this Crockpot Corn Chowder, I bet I have a few more recipes that you’d love! This Creamy Tortellini Soup is also simple to make and very satisfying. I’m a sucker for a big bowl of hearty Pork Pozole, too!
I hope you enjoy this easy Crockpot Corn Chowder! If you make it, leave me a comment and tell me how it was!Print
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 2- 14oz cans of cream style corn
- 1- 14oz can of sweet corn, drained
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4oz pimentos, diced and drained
- 1 stalk of carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8oz of cream cheese, cubed
- 16oz of heavy whipping cream
- To a slow cooker, add all ingredients except for the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. During the last twenty minutes, lower the heat to low or warm.
- Remove and shred the chicken, return to crockpot.
- Add whipping cream and cream cheese. Stir well to ensure there are no remaining clumps of cream cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Dice veggies to about double the size of the corn kernels.
- The chicken can be left out if you’d like a less hearty soup!
- Serving Size: 6