This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Peanut Butter Egg Easter Brownies are a decadent Easter treat, stuffed with peanut butter eggs and topped with festive decorations!
Oh, hey Easter! You’re sneaking right up on us, aren’t you? For some reason, when Easter is in March, I get super confused and can’t keep the date straight. Easter feels like it should be in April, when the weather’s a bit nicer and the tulips usually bloom. Am I alone here? Anyways, I’m traveling for work a bunch over the next two weeks, so I spent the weekend getting ready for Easter! That included making Easter baskets, experimenting with some treats like these Peanut Butter Egg Easter Brownies, and helping stuff over 2,000 eggs for our neighborhood hunt (seriously).
I took a quick trip to Target to get basket stuffers. I first hit up the dollar spot, which forever has my heart. The dollar spot had a ton of Easter basket appropriate stuff, but I think my favorite was the super cute tray and utensils. Maybe it’s a little strange to give a kid a new plate and utensils as a gift, but my son takes such great pride in his colorful cups and bowls that I know it will be a hit! After the dollar spot, I moseyed over to the seasonal section (hello patio furniture, good to see you!) to pick up some candy for our festivities. I picked up Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans and Starburst Original Jellybeans to stuff the eggs, and the DOVE Milk Chocolate Bunny. To make these Peanut Butter Egg Easter Brownies, I also grabbed some limited edition M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake flavor (LOVE the pastel colors and this variety is only available at Target) and DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs to stuff the brownies with. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I think I did pretty good on this year’s basket for such a quick trip, don’t you think?
Making these delicious individual-sized brownies could not be easier. I used my favorite brownie mix, stuffed with the DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs. You could choose to leave them plain without frosting, or add frosting and some decorations. I chose a simple flower decoration with the M&M’s. Decorating these is definitely something that the kiddos could help with! Just remember to use your favorite cupcake liner, since brownie batter tends to be sticky!
Are you ready for Easter? If you’re not, you can find more inspiration here. Also, there will be Easter sampling events at your Super Target on 3/20 so you can try goodies in person!
- 1 18.4 ounce brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge)
- 2/3 cup oil (or check your package instructions)
- 1/4 cup water (or check your package instructions)
- 2 eggs (or check your package instructions)
- 12 DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs
- 8 ounces white frosting
- 1 package M&M's Strawberry Shortcake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare brownie batter per your package instructions (mine called for the oil, water and eggs listed above).
- Line cupcake tin with liners of your choosing.
- Spoon 1/8 cup brownie batter into each cupcake cavity.
- Place unwrapped peanut butter egg on top of batter.
- Spoon additional 1 tbsp of brownie batter on top of each peanut butter egg.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes, until top of each brownie has formed a crust. Brownie around peanut butter egg will be gooey and molten.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before adding optional frosting and decorations.