Peanut Butter Egg Easter Brownies are a decadent Easter treat, stuffed with peanut butter eggs and topped with festive decorations!
Oh, hey Easter! You're sneaking right up on us, aren't you? For some reason, when Easter is in March, I get super confused and can't keep the date straight. Easter feels like it should be in April, when the weather's a bit nicer and the tulips usually bloom.
Am I alone here? Anyways, I'm traveling for work a bunch over the next two weeks, so I spent the weekend getting ready for Easter!
That included making Easter baskets, experimenting with some treats like these Peanut Butter Egg Easter Brownies, and helping stuff over 2,000 eggs for our neighborhood hunt (seriously).
For this recipe, you'll need a few Easter treats!
First, you'll need 12 peanut butter eggs. These go in the muffin tin along with the batter.
And, you'll need Easter M&M's for decoration!
Making these delicious individual-sized brownies could not be easier. I used my favorite brownie mix, stuffed with the peanut butter eggs.
You could choose to leave them plain without frosting, or add frosting and some decorations.
I chose a simple flower decoration with the M&M's. Decorating these is definitely something that the kiddos could help with! Just remember to use your favorite cupcake liner, since brownie batter tends to be sticky!
Are you ready for Easter? We are!
- 1 18.4 ounce brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge)
- ⅔ cup oil (or check your package instructions)
- ¼ cup water (or check your package instructions)
- 2 eggs (or check your package instructions)
- 12 DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs
- 8 ounces white frosting
- 1 package M&M's Strawberry Shortcake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare brownie batter per your package instructions (mine called for the oil, water and eggs listed above).
- Line cupcake tin with liners of your choosing.
- Spoon ⅛ cup brownie batter into each cupcake cavity.
- Place unwrapped peanut butter egg on top of batter.
- Spoon additional 1 tablespoon of brownie batter on top of each peanut butter egg.
- Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes, until top of each brownie has formed a crust. Brownie around peanut butter egg will be gooey and molten.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before adding optional frosting and decorations.
Love this recipe? Click it by pinning the image below.