This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. I am deeply appreciative to the brands I love who make this blog possible. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolStockUp #CollectiveBias
These bite sized treats look like innocent cake balls on the outside, but the inside is a riot of color! Froot Loops and marshmallows are coated with vanilla candy coating to make a unique marshmallow treat.
School is back in session for most kiddos, and all of the parents I know are going through that weird period of adjustment. Just once you get used to the pace of summer, it seems like it’s time to switch it up again! To add to the mayhem, there’s always extra trips to the store for school and lunch supplies. If you can believe it, I got a supply list for my son’s toddler classroom. You can’t make this stuff up!
After I picked my jaw up off the floor about the toddler supply list, I went to Sam’s Club to grab the classroom supplies from the list, and stock up on after school snacks and breakfast items. While there, I found an awesome promotion for Kellogg’s products!
On certain items (many of Kellogg’s cereals and snacks), they are offering a 1 box=2 books promotion. What this means for you is that when you purchase those items, you can redeem the code on the box for two full-length Scholastic books! One book for yourself (with free postage to your house), and then a second book which is donated on your behalf to a local school in need. Super deal, right? You can also choose to donate both books, if you’d rather do that.
If I do one thing for Eli, I’d really like to pass on my love of reading. Every night, we eat dinner, do bathtime, then settle down with some books. I read aloud to Eli nightly, and sometimes he picks up a book and plops in my lap first thing in the morning! Lately, he’s started to try to read along with me, loudly interjecting words for some of his favorites that we’ve read hundreds of times. It’s so awesome.
I love getting creative with childhood favorites like Froot Loops, and these little Froot Loops marshmallow bombs fit the bill! The inside is like a fruity marshmallow crispy treat, and the vanilla coating adds a bit of candy to the mix. Super fun, and super festive way to treat your kiddos during the back to school rush!
- 2.5 cups Froot Loops cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package (24 ounces) vanilla almond bark
- 3 tbsp Froot Loops cereal, crushed (for topping)
- In a medium saucepan, gently melt marshmallows and butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once melted, add Froot Loops, and stir to coat.
- Meanwhile, place almond bark in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 3 minutes at half power. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Spoop up the Froot Loops mixture with a spoon, and form into a ball with your hands. You may have to push in parts of the ball to make it more round.
- Using a spoon, drop each Froot Loops ball into the melted almond bar. Gently toss the melted almond bark over the ball with your spoon. Place the ball on a plate to cool, and use the spoon to smooth out the almond bark around the sides and the top of the ball.
- Sprinkle crushed Froot Loops on top of the treats while the almond bark is still soft.
- Allow the treats to sit and cool until the bark hardens. This can take up to an hour.
There are some fun Kellogg’s demos coming up at Sam’s Club stores on 8/22/15 and 8/23/15! Click here to see if your local store will have demos.
Not a member of Sam’s Club? No problem! Bring this invitation printed out to the Member Services Desk at your local Sam’s Club for a pass to shop for the day. A 10% service fee applies on all non-member purchases when shopping with this One-Day Pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY). The 10% service fee does not apply if the non-member decides to join the Club at the time of purchase.
How are you stocking up for back to school? I’d love to hear what creative treats are going in your kid’s lunchboxes this year!