This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands I love who make this site possible! #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
Just because a dish is quick to prepare, doesn’t mean that it can’t be special too. This recipe mimics the flavors of a peach pie, without all the work. Prepared cookie dough is used to make a warm and gooey skillet cookie, which is then topped with Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, an assortment of pie spices, and fresh peaches. It’s a dream for summer, and so easy to pull together!
The hectic nature of summer always sneaks up on me. We usually have a lull in activities after the holiday that lasts until April. In April and May, there’s a smattering of events and activities, but we’re largely at home on the weekends. In June, things change. Family reunions, barbecues, birthday parties, wedding showers, swim lessons and weddings start to take over our weekends. It’s exciting at first, but by July, I’m crying “uncle” and praying for fall to come!
Lately, I’ve really been focusing on side dishes and desserts for the blog. In this busy season of the year, I need to prepare dishes for barbecues almost every week. I don’t want to spend a ton of time, but I still want to bring something that I’m really proud of.
To get ready for this recipe, I visited my local Wal-Mart Super Center. I picked up Blue Bunny Premium Ice Cream in the Vanilla Bean flavor, which is my favorite! It has a very natural vanilla flavor from the use of real vanilla (as evidenced by the black vanilla bean specks you can see throughout the ice cream!) Creamy and delicious!
I also picked up some prepared cookie dough, and fresh peaches from the product section, then I was on my way home to put this recipe together.
Ready to make a delicious treat that will “wow” your guests without a lot of effort?
Sit the ice cream out to soften. Meanwhile, preheat your oven and press the prepared cookie dough into a greased cast iron skillet. Place the cookie in the oven to bake, then add the pie spices and almond extract to your softened ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer to chill out while the cookie finishes baking, and you slice up the peaches.
Serve the spiced ice cream on top of the cookie while still warm, top with fresh peaches, and serve!
My family gave me the the “blue ribbon” for this delicious dessert. You can check out more delicious recipes that use Blue Bunny ice cream at their Suns Out, Spoons Out page, and see the full list of flavors and get coupons here.
A delicious cookie pie topped with vanilla ice cream, pie spices and fresh peaches!
- 3 cups Blue Bunny Premium Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (for topping)
- 16 ounces prepared snickerdoodle cookie dough (sugar cookie dough is also wonderful!)
- Leave ice cream on counter to soften for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press cookie dough into greased 10” cast iron skillet. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, use a 9” round cake pan.
- Place skillet cookie in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into medium mixing bowl. Add almond extract, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir. Cover and place in freezer to hold until cookie is done baking.
- Remove cookie from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Scoop ice cream onto cookie, add peach slices, serve immediately.
- This is best served while the cookie is still warm and a bit gooey. You can certainly make the components of this recipe ahead of time, just remember to heat the cookie up!
- Serving Size: 6