Looking for a White Chocolate Party Mix recipe that you can customize for the holidays (or any time)? This is it!
We love this easy holiday snack and make a big batch for any holiday party where we need to bring a sweet treat.
I first made this White Chocolate Chex Mix and photographed it around the 4th of July (so patriotic)! But, this snack mix recipe makes perfect Christmas Chex mix. All you need is a few easy customizations of the chocolate candies and sprinkles! You can even package it in a festive bag or container to make an edible gift for Christmas!
Of course, you don't need the holiday season to make this sweet Chex mix recipe. It's perfect for movie night, or to keep on hand at home as a kid-friendly sweet snack! One of my favorite things about this sweet treat is how easy it is to make; no oven required!
Ways to Customize this White Chocolate Chex Mix:
Turn this recipe into the perfect holiday treat, no matter the time of the year! Here are some ideas to customize this recipe:
- Christmas Puppy Chow: This version has several names. Christmas Muddy Buddies, Reindeer Chow, White Trash Mix, and Christmas Crack Chex Mix. Regardless, what you call it, you can customize your Christmas Chex Mix Recipe easily! Consider holiday sprinkles, crushed candy cane and holiday M&M's.
- Thanksgiving Puppy Chow: The perfect snack for turkey day! Try seasonal sprinkles, yellow and brown m&Ms, candy corn and salty pretzel sticks.
- Halloween Puppy Chow: Make this white chex mix spooky! Add orange M&Ms, mini peanut butter cups and Halloween sprinkles.
- Super Bowl Dessert Chex Mix: Customize for your favorite team colors!
- St. Patrick's Day Chex Mix: Add orange and green M&Ms and gold sprinkles.
- Valentine's Day Puppy Chow: Add red M&M's, pink sprinkles and strawberry marshmallows.
Other substitutions and additions:
- Feel free to substitute Corn Chex or Wheat Chex
- Add mini pretzels for a salty crunch
- Use white almond bark instead of the white candy melts
Store this white chocolate puppy chow on the counter in an air-tight food storage container for up to one week.
Festive White Chocolate Puppy Chow
Looking for a White Chocolate Party Mix recipe that you can customize for the holidays (or just any time)? This is it! We love this easy holiday snack and make a big batch for the 4th of July, Christmas and any holiday party where we need to bring a sweet treat!
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 package white candy melts
- ¼ cup white cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons sprinkles, color of your choice
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1.5 cups M&M candies, color of your choice
In a medium microwavable bowl, melt white chocolate candy melts in microwave. This can take up to 2 minutes, check every 30 seconds and stir.
Remove the bowl from the microwave and add cake mix to the melted chocolate. Stir well.
In an extra large mixing bowl, add the cereal. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cereal mixture and toss to coat.
Add powdered sugar and toss gently. The powdered sugar will stick to the melted chocolate.
Add in sprinkles, M&Ms and marshmallows, toss to mix.
Allow to cool completely before serving in a large serving bowl.
I like to save some extra M&M's to sprinkle over the top of the puppy chow when it's in the serving bowl, for extra color!
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 69mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 2g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.
Red White and Blue Desserts for a Patriotic Party - The Best of Life®
Friday 10th of July 2020
[…] Patriotic Puppy Chow | Blackberry Babe […]
15 Incredibly Creative Ways to use Cake Mix | Blackberry Babe
Monday 13th of July 2015
[…] everything except cake. Yep, I’m that person! Cookies, bars, dump cakes, puppy chow, you name it. I love using cake mix because it makes the baking process so […]
Favorite Dishes for your 4th of July Barbecue! | Blackberry Babe
Sunday 28th of June 2015
[…] White Chocolate Patriotic Puppy Chow: Red, white and blue, enough said! […]
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files
Friday 26th of June 2015
Oh puppy chow is definitely a guilty pleasure!
amanda @ fake ginger
Thursday 25th of June 2015
This wouldn't last more than a few minutes around me!