This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
This mushroom, chicken and spinach quiche is the perfect make ahead meal for the busy holiday season. Freezes beautifully, so make more than one!
Well, it’s November! That happened fast, didn’t it? This year has been a bit of a blur for me, but it’s mostly been a really fun blur. I think having a toddler will do that to you. Whether you’re a holiday enthusiast like me, or a holiday curmudgeon, it’s time. Time to start planning menus, making lists, and buying presents. I say, “WOO HOO!” I needed some inspiration, so I turned to this page and found some Kraft coupons and recipes!
One of the most overlooked part of the holidays seems to be planning for meals OUTSIDE of the big one. You have a full house for Thanksgiving dinner, and family staying with you. They wake up Friday morning and want a nice breakfast or lunch. And in your head, you’re like “haven’t I done enough!?!?!??!?!?!” Well, this recipe will help you with moments like that, because it’s nutritious, crowd pleasing, and can be made ahead of time. Like, weeks ahead of time, because it freezes beautifully!
To prepare for this recipe, I headed to WalMart to get the ingredients. To make my life even easier, I used their rotisserie chicken, which is SO affordable and yummy. I grabbed a few bags of Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese in the Monterey Jack and Colby cheese blend, presliced mushrooms, and fresh spinach. On my way out, I encountered the NICEST checker I think I’ve ever met at a grocery store. She explained to me all how price matching works, and convinced me to start trying it. Have any of you done price matching at Walmart? I’m very intrigued… more to come in future posts!
There isn’t any good reason to make just one mushroom, chicken and spinach quiche. I would highly recommend doubling the recipe since these freeze so well! It’s hardly any extra work, and then you’re set for two meals, or a meal for a crowd. Enjoy!
- 1 9-inch frozen deep dish pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup Kraft Naturals Colby and Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk vigorously.
- Add spinach, milk, salt, onion powder, hot sauce, and mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- In a small, separate bowl, add chicken, cheese and flour. Stir to combine, then add to egg mixture.
- Pour into frozen pie crust and place in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the middle does not jiggle when you shake the pie pan.