This Champagne Chicken Salad is my go-to chicken salad! If you try it, you’ll never go back to the standard grapes and celery version again. Chicken breast, cranberries, Granny Smith apples, pecans, and cheese coated in a creamy honey and champagne dressing. Perfect on dollar rolls or lettuce wraps!
You guys, it’s been hot here lately. Don’t want to leave the house kinda hot. When it’s hot like this, my appetite changes and I certainly don’t want to turn on the oven. I turn to easy recipes that keep well in the fridge and eat cold, like my Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad and this Champagne Chicken Salad. I love a good deli salad of almost any variety (pasta, slaw, chicken salad or potato salad) and having them on hand during the hot summer months makes pulling together side dishes an absolute breeze.
This Champagne Chicken Salad recipe is my go to. I actually developed this recipe based on my favorite greens salad, which has an incredible champagne and honey vinaigrette. I used the base of that dressing and incorporated creamy mayonnaise to make an irresistible creamy dressing for this chicken salad. I then swapped out grapes and celery with Granny Smith Apples and cranberries, and added pecans and just a bit of gorgonzola cheese for good measure! If you don’t like gorgonzola, crumble some goat cheese in for a milder flavor. Tip: Shred or dice rotisserie chicken from the store to make this recipe super fast!
I typicallly serve this on mini hawaiian rolls, but of course it’s great by itself, rolled up in lettuce wraps, or on a croissant. I’m picturing this on the table at your next wedding or baby shower, along with some mimosas. What do you think?
A delicious twist on traditional salad, with diced chicken breast, granny smith apples, pecans, cranberries, gorgonzola and a honey champagne dressing.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup diced Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles (sub feta or goat cheese crumbles if you prefer)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup candied or glazed pecans
- 2 tbsp purple onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Dash of salt and pepper in dressing
- Combine chicken, apple, cheese, cranberries, pecans and onion in a medium sized mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine mayo, honey, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine with fork or whisk.
- Pour mayo dressing over chicken mixture. Stir to combine. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve, serve cold.
- Serving Size: 6