Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese with Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese
This post is sponsored by PepsiCo Foods North America, but all opinions are my own.
With vacations postponed and summer camps cancelled, we really had to make our own fun! Since I’m a food blogger, a lot of our adventures do revolve around food and cooking new things at home. I love to experiment with new foods and have my family try them! Luckily, one of our favorite snack foods decided to make Mac ‘n Cheese extra fun this summer by introducing Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese!
Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese is now available at Walmart in three flavors: Bold Cheesy Cheddar, Flamin’ Hot and Cheddar Jalapeño and is fun for both kids and adults! The corkscrew pasta is inspired by Chester’s cheetah tail, and the flavors are adventurous. My son loved the Bold Cheesy Cheddar and my husband loved the spicier, bold varieties!
One of my favorite home cooking hacks is to doctor up a box of mac and cheese! My son likes mac and cheese by itself, but my husband and I love to spice it up a bit. This Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese incorporates all our favorite buffalo chicken flavors (hot sauce, ranch and blue cheese) with very little effort!
I kept this Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe simple, but feel free to customize it to your liking! The following ingredients would be delicious additions to your Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Bowl:
- Diced green onion
- Blue cheese dressing
- Extra hot sauce
I hope that you enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese, inspired by new Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese! Remember to grab a box at Walmart on your next grocery run!
- 1 5.9 ounce box Cheetos Mac ‘N Cheese, any variety
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅔ cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tsp ranch dressing
- 2 tsp blue cheese, crumbled
- Follow package instructions to prepare Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese with butter and milk.
- In a small mixing bowl, add chicken, hot sauce and melted butter. Stir well to combine.
- Divide prepared Cheetos Mac ‘n Cheese between two bowls.
- Top with buffalo sauced chicken, ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve warm.