This post has been sponsored by Near East®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl is a hearty meal incorporating roasted root vegetables and rice pilaf. Great for busy winter weeknights!
Whew! Did you make it though the holidays? I did, but just barely! A few weeks ago, I shared that I was feeling pretty stressed. I feel better now and I'm ready to tackle the new year! But, I'm still relying on simple meals for weeknights while I recuperate a little bit. Easy meals are technically self-care, right? A few days ago, I put together this simple Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl with Near East® Rice Pilaf Garlic & Herb, and it was so delicious that I had to share, just in case you all are feeling wiped out like me!
For the base of this Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl, I used Near East® Rice Pilaf Garlic & Herb. I love this rice because it's a savory blend of long grain rice and orzo which adds extra texture and bite. It is seasoned with onion, garlic and parsley and adds fantastic flavor to any dish.
Near East Rice Pilaf Garlic & Herb is also Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, AND cooks up in less than 30 minutes! This means it will be ready when your vegetables are! Near East pairs grains with vibrant spices and herbs that are bound to excite. Click to Buy Now!
Focusing on vegetables that are easy to find in the winter, I chose root vegetables as the topping in this Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowl. Vibrant sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes and carrots add color and nutrition to this simple dish!
If you have other vegetables on hand, don't hesitate to add them, just be conscientious that they may need more or less roasting time. Cutting the vegetables into similar sized cubes will help to make sure they roast evenly!
- Near East® Rice Pilaf Garlic and Herb
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 purple sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon butter or butter alternative, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to add taste
- Prepare Near East® Rice Pilaf Garlic and Herb with water and oil, following package instructions.
- Prepare a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place pan in oven and allow to preheat with the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the oven is preheated, carefully remove the pan and add the vegetables. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add melted butter or butter alternative (I use plant butter), honey, thyme leaves and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss to coat the roasted vegetables, and place back in the oven for 5 additional minutes to caramelize.
- Serve roasted vegetables on top of Near East® Rice Pilaf, warm. Optional toppings that add to the flavor of this dish include: lemon juice, sesame seeds, fresh thyme or basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g