Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are one of the quickest and easiest ways to make creamy, perfect mashed potatoes!
One of my favorite holidays of the year is Thanksgiving. You have the chance to get together with family and friends, eat incredible food and then lounge around. I think it’s the most underrated holiday we have! The exception, of course, if you’re the one hosting. Then, it can be quite stressful! The past few years, I’ve seen a trend of “make-ahead” dishes to make Thanksgiving day easiest for the hosts! This Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe is so fast and simple, you can totally make it on Thanksgiving day. Or, you can make it the day before, and reheat!
If you want to do some early prep, I have a trick for you! Peel and dice the potatoes, and place them in a bowl of water. Keep in the fridge. This will preserve the potatoes and keep them from turning brown, just make sure to drain them well before you cook them!
I kept this Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe simple, but there are a million ways to spice it up! Here are a few ideas for customizing your mashed potatoes:
- Extra butter and fresh chives
- Bacon and cheddar
- Goat cheese
- Caramelized onions
- 5-6 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- 5 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your potatoes by washing, peeling and chopping them into small-medium sized pieces.
- Place potatoes into your Instant Pot along with enough water to cover the potatoes completely, about 4-5 cups.
- Place the lid on and set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release. When you can open the lid, carefully remove the inner pot and strain the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the pot and add butter, milk and seasoning to taste.
- Using a potato mashed, mash the potatoes until they are smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!