One taste of this easy homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and you’ll throw your bottles away! This salad is perfectly crisp with iceberg lettuce, bacon, chives and homemade buttermilk ranch dressing.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 cup finely diced chives, fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes hot sauce
For the salad
- One head of iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut into quarters
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp chives, finely diced
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Stir well with a whisk.
- Plate each salad separately, placing iceberg lettuce quarter on plate, then topping with bacon, cheese, chives and dressing. Serve cold.
- Serving Size: 4