1 16-18 ounce pork tenderloin
½ pound Burgers’ Hickory or Applewood Smoked Bacon
For the glaze:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-ounce bourbon
- Oil the grill grates and heat grill to high heat.
- Pat the pork tenderloin dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using 8 pieces of bacon (cut in half and ¾ as describe above), wrap the pork tenderloin and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- Place the pork tenderloin on the grill. Grill over high heat for 6 minutes, then flip, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan, and allow for simmer for a minimum of 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Apply the glaze and cook tenderloin for another 3 minutes on each side, continuously basting with the glaze.
- Remove tenderloin from the grill and allow to rest for a minimum of 5-10 minutes to allow juices to re-settle. Slice and serve!
This recipe serves 3-4 people but is easily doubled or tripled for a crowd!
Keywords: grilled pork tenderloin, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin