These fluffy coffee cake muffins are topped with a delicious crumble and drizzle of icing. Easy to make and delicious!
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumble ingredients, mashing together with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients; milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients. Mix until it forms a thick batter with no lumps.
- Add 2 tbsp of batter to each muffin cup. Top with about 1 tbsp of crumble mixture.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until you can insert a toothpick in the center of the muffin, and it comes out clean.
- While muffins bake, combine your ingredients for the glaze (optional) in a small bowl.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before drizzling the glaze on top.