Carrot Cake Oatmeal is a rich, delicious way to start your day!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oaks, quick cook
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For topping, walnuts, honey, maple syrup or brown sugar
- Place water and carrots in a medium pot, over high heat.
- When water boils, add oats. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until fully cooked and slightly thick.
- Reduce heat to medium and add raisins, sugar, milk and cinnamon. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Stir well and serve warm. Garnish with walnuts and honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar.*
- *I choose honey
- Recipe compliments of Chef Megan Kendall at the Homesteader Cafe
Keywords: Carrot Cake Oatmeal, Carrot Oatmeal