Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with goat cheese and smothered in a simple red wine reduction, using Burgers’ Bacon!
1 lb Burgers Applewood Smoked Bacon
• 1 lb dates (pitted, or remove pit before cooking)
• 2 ounces goat cheese
For the sauce:
• 1 cup red wine
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
• 1 teaspoons course sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil, and then place a cookie cooling rack within the tray. This will keep the bacon from getting soggy in the grease that cooks off the bacon.
- Stuff each date with a dab of goat cheese, and then wrap with about a half a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place each wrapped date on the cooking rack nestled within the tray. Bake for at least 30 minutes, checking frequently. When the bacon is mostly crispy, but not burned, remove from the oven.
- For the sauce, combine wine, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir well to combine. Heat on medium high until the liquid boils, then allow to simmer until the sauce is reduces to a thick syrup. At this point, add the rosemary and salt, then remove from heat.
- Plate the wrapped dates and drizzle red wine reduction over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature, both are delicious.
Keywords: bacon wrapped date, bacon wrapped date with goat cheese, bacon wrapped dates