This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake is packed with pumpkin spice flavor! This recipe includes easy adaptations for a Pumpkin Spice Crunch Cake, as well.
- Pumpkin Cake Base:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix w/ Pudding in the mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 8oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Optional – Chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, oil, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, melt the butter and mix together with the room temperature cream cheese. Stir in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture all over the top of the cake mixture. Using a knife, gently swirl through the cream cheese. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When done, allow the cake to almost completely cool. If you cut before it cools, the cake will be too soft.
Keywords: pumpkin cake, pumpkin cream cheese cake, cream cheese pumpkin cake, pumpkin chocolate chip cake