These Mini Blueberry Pies are a sweet, homemade treat for summer! Simple ingredients and pre-made crust make them super quick, too.
Do you ever think about what you would do differently at your wedding, if you could do it all over again? I think I might think about this more than the average bear, because my husband and I got married so young! We’re about to celebrate 10 years of marriage. We’ve changed a lot, and so have our tastes! For one, I would totally serve a buffet of pies for dessert, including these Mini Blueberry Pies!
When we got married, we were both 23. We had lived in Kansas City for about 2 years, and it didn’t feel like home yet. We got married in our hometown, and didn’t deviate much from the standard wedding formula. We had cake, and we neither of us really love cake! But you know what we do love? PIES. We both love pies.
I feel like pies are having a moment. I’m seeing them on menus at all the cool restaurants here. And I couldn’t be happier about it! Our dream “pie bar” for our re-imagined wedding would be stacked! It would include these Mini Blueberry Pies, my Blackberry Peach Hand Pies, my favorite Gooseberry Pie, my Mom’s Blackberry Cobbler, my husband’s favorite pumpkin pie (straight out of the can), and my Dad’s favorite Strawberry Pie!
No matter the occasion, I hope that you enjoy making these Mini Blueberry Pies for the people you love! I know I did.
- 7 3-inch aluminum pie tins
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- Flour for rolling
- 2 cups blueberries, about 14 ounces (thawed, if previously frozen)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If you decide to make your own mini-pie shapes: on a surface covered with flour, roll out your pie crust. Cut out 2-inch circles (with a cookie cutter or drinking glass) of the rolled-out dough and place each pie circle in a muffin tin.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix blueberries, cornstarch, sugar, and lemon. Fill each pie crust with your blueberry mixture and dot it with small pats of butter.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until pie crust is golden. Allow the pies to cool completely before taking them out of the muffin tin.