- 1 lb uncooked linquine
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
For the sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, add cubed chicken breast, along with Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Stir to coat the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and stir fry for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add another splash of olive oil to the skillet and allow to re-heat. Add onions and bell pepper, sauté for about one minute, scraping up the browned bits from the chicken. Add mushrooms, and sauté until lightly golden brown. Remove onion, bell pepper and mushrooms from the skillet, allow to rest with chicken while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir with a wire whisk until melted and smooth. Reduce the heat to low, then add the milk slowly, continuing to whisk as it’s added. Finally, add Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk again to combine.
- Add chicken and vegetables to sauce, then toss with hot pasta to serve.