This Cajun Chicken Alfredo combines cajun chicken, bell peppers, mushrooms and a decadent cream sauce! Ready in about 30 minutes.
There are two types of cuisine that creep their way into almost everything I make. Mexican, and Cajun! My son and husband both have the sort of taste buds that favor very savory, somewhat spicy food. I keep cilantro, green bell peppers, limes and cajun seasoning on hand at all times, knowing I can easily modify a simple meal with them. That is exactly how this Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe came into existence!
I absolutely love alfredo pasta, but my husband finds it a bit bland. I added cajun seasonings and some additional vegetables, and voila! This Cajun Chicken Alfredo was declared to be the “best pasta he’d had in a long time,” and my 4-year-old son gobbled it up as well!
I am personally trying to limit my carb intake, so I easily modified this meal by making it into a bowl! I layered the cajun chicken, sauteed vegetables, and a drizzle of alfredo sauce over the top. It was delicious and I (almost) didn’t miss the pasta! My husband has the metabolism of a 7-year-old, so he can eat all the pasta he wants. I however, am not so blessed.
If you love this Cajun Chicken Alfredo, I think you’d also enjoy this Cajun Crab Dip, Cajun Shrimp and Grits, and this perfect Low Country Shrimp Boil! I also wrote a tutorial on how to throw an epic Crawfish Boil!
Oh, and I can’t forget my father-in-law’s incredible New Orleans Barbecued Shrimp. Or, this tomato based Spicy Cajun Pasta Skillet with Sausage and Tomatoes!
Seems like another trip to New Orleans is in order, I’ve officially made myself hungry! I hope you and your family enjoy this Easy Cajun Chicken Alfredo pasta.
- 1 lb uncooked linquine
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup butter
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, add cubed chicken breast, along with Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Stir to coat the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and stir fry for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add another splash of olive oil to the skillet and allow to re-heat. Add onions and bell pepper, sauté for about one minute, scraping up the browned bits from the chicken. Add mushrooms, and sauté until lightly golden brown. Remove onion, bell pepper and mushrooms from the skillet, allow to rest with chicken while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder. Stir with a wire whisk until melted and smooth. Reduce the heat to low, then add the milk slowly, continuing to whisk as it’s added. Finally, add Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk again to combine.
- Add chicken and vegetables to sauce, then toss with hot pasta to serve.