Learn how to make Lemon Pepper Pork Chops on the stove top, baked in the oven, and on the grill!
As a working Mom, I’m always struggling to strike the balance between making food that is quick, food that is healthy, and food that my 4-year-old will actually eat! It’s not an easy task, and I still rely on the old standards for my son quite a bit. Mac and cheese, hot dogs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
Many times, if it’s a meal that my husband and I will love, it might be too spicy, or too complex for my son to love. One of the exceptions is Lemon Pepper Pork Chops! They are flavorful enough for us to love, but mild enough for my son to enjoy as well. I usually serve them with some easy steamed broccoli, rice, and a bagged Ceasar salad. Everyone’s happy!
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops are easy to make on the stove, in the oven or on the grill! Follow the instructions below for perfect Lemon Pepper Pork Chops, every time!
How to Grill Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
Grilling pork chops is quick and easy. Prepare with seasoning and allow to rest on the counter as described in step 1 of the stovetop recipe below. Grill the pork chops over high heat for about 4 minutes on the first side, then flip them over and grill for 3 minutes on the remaining side.
How to Bake Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
Baking Lemon Pepper Pork Chops is also a good option. Season the chops and allow them to rest as described in step 1 of the stovetop recipe below. Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake in a lightly greased dish for about 25 minutes, flipping once.
- 4 pork chops, ½ to 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- With a paper towel, blot the surface of the pork chops to remove moisture. Sprinkle the salt and lemon pepper on the porkchops, then allow to sit on the counter top for 30 minutes.
- Place oil in large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops in the pan and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove skillet from heat and cover with a lid. Allow the porkchops to sit and steam for 8-10 minutes before serving.
- Serving with fresh lemon slices and herbs.