This Easy Salmon Quiche with Spinach is packed full of protein and flavor. Perfect for breakfast or lunch!
Does anybody else just kind of go into hibernation the month of January? I sure did. I didn’t do much. On the weekends, we watched movies and took naps. I can’t really tell you what I accomplished last month, but I know whatever it was involved my couch and sweatpants! Just in the last week, we’ve had a few bursts of warmer weather, and it’s helped pull me out of hiding. My husband, who’s a saint, has been smoking meat on the weekend to help with our weeknight meal prep. I just haven’t had much energy to cook! One of my favorite smoked meats that he does is this Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon.
This past weekend, he smoked almost four pounds of salmon, so I needed to find some creative ways to use leftover salmon. This Easy Salmon Quiche with Spinach did the trick! Quiche to me is kinda like a throwback to avocado toast. It’s hearty, packed with protein, made from basic ingredients, and good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
For the salmon, you can certainly use canned or precooked salmon from the grocery store. But might I suggest using smoked salmon? You can smoke your own, or buy already smoked salmon from your deli. It adds wonderful flavor to this Easy Salmon Quiche! And the spinach adds such a nice pop of green color.
In other breakfast news, if you love this spinach salmon quiche, I’d recommend a few other breakfast options.This Easy Avocado Toast with Fried Egg is always a hit around here! I also love this heavier Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Quiche. And finally, if you have a sweet tooth, this Cinnamon Pecan Breakfast Bundt Cake is just the best, and so simple to make!
- 1 10 inch unbaked pie shell
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 can pink salmon (15.5 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 5 cups raw spinach, cut into
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prick bottom of pie shell with fork and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green onion in butter for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Place in
- bottom of shell along with salmon.
- Add spinach to skillet, saute for 3-5 minutes until wilted and reduced. Add cooked spinach to pie
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cottage cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir lightly to
- combine, then add to pie shell. Top mixture in pie shell with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serving Size: 8