This Spicy Cajun Crab dip is spicy, cheesy, and so easy to make! Serve with Deep River Snacks kettle chips for the perfect appetizer!
If you’ve been following Blackberry Babe for a while, you know I have a deep love for all things New Orleans. It’s my favorite city in the United States, and I’ve brought back the flavors of cajun and creole cooking back to our Kansas City kitchen. I’m not sure that anything about this Hot Cajun Crab Dip is authentic, but it sure is tasty! It’s perfectly cheesy, and would be a hit as an appetizer at any party this winter!
Crab is a favorite in our house but it’s not easy to come by in the Midwest. Luckily, our grocer carries some high-quality crab meat in tins that we use for recipes like this. I chose the shredded white meat crab, which is a bit cheaper than the lump or claw meat.
And what to pair with your favorite new Hot Cajun Crab Dip? I love Deep River Snacks kettle chips! I’m a big believer in supporting companies who are giving back to our communities. Deep River Snacks is a Connecticut based company that gives back 10% of net profits to charity each year through their “Give a Chip” promise! On the back of each bag, you can read about one of the charity partners that they support. Each charity partner has personally affected the life of an employee, and you can read their stories here.
To pair with this Hot Cajun Crab Dip, I’d recommend buying one of their kettle chip flavors: Salt & Cracked Pepper, Original Sea Salt, Black Truffle, or Rosemary & Olive Oil. You can find these on Amazon or search for a store near you that carries them. These kettle chips add the perfect amount of crunch and saltiness to each scoop of dip. And, you can grab a coupon offer for Deep River Snacks products when you provide your e-mail address!
- 6 ounces crab meat, real of imitation
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white portions removed and discarded
- Add cream cheese to microwave safe bowl, cook on low power for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- To bowl, add crab meat, sour cream, hot sauce, Worchestershire sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for an additional 1 minute until bubbly.
- Remove from microwave, add green onions and stir again to combine.
- Serve hot with Deep River Snacks kettle chips.