This easy breakfast casserole layers tator tots, sausage crumbles, eggs and cheese! It’s so good!
- About 40-50 hash brown rounds, frozen
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (hot or mild)
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 3 green onions, finely minced, roots and white pieces discarded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Add hash brown rounds to bottom of dish, arranging into a single layer.
- In a skillet, cook the breakfast sausage, breaking into crumbles, about 5 minutes. When finished, add the cooked sausage crumbles to the casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, spices, and cheese. Mix well with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the tator tots and sausage.
- Sprinkle green onion over the top.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until the egg mixture is completely cooked through in the center. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serving Size: 9