This post has been sponsored by The Dannon Company and The J.M. Smucker Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites are an easy, low calorie way to get your snack fix! Each bite contains 2 grams of protein.
If you’re a snacker like me, you know how easy it is to make bad decisions throughout the day. Co-worker brought in donuts? Heck yes! Add a cookie to your soup and salad? Why not? Munch on crackers while you cook dinner? Definitely. As I’ve lost over 20 pounds over the past year, I’ve learned that snacking was where I made most of my dietary mistakes. So, I’ve had to re-think my snacking habits. These Two- Ingredient Frozen Yogurt Bites, made with Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt and Smucker’s Fruit and Honey spreads fit perfectly within my new snacking system!
Over the past year, I’ve posted a few healthier snacks, including these Peanut Butter Energy Balls and Chocolate Chip Energy Bites. Both are great for snacks OR for breakfast, and are high protein and filling. These Frozen Yogurt Bites are no different, with higher protein yogurt as the base, and sweetened only with Fruit and Honey spreads instead of sugar. I purchase both my Dannon yogurt and my Smucker’s Fruit and Honey spreads at Dillon’s here in Kansas City, and really love the Triple Berry and Strawberry flavors. These spreads are made with ripened fruit that’s naturally sweetened with honey, so they’re a simple and delicious way to add flavor and color to these Frozen Yogurt Bites!
Making these Frozen Yogurt Bites couldn’t be any easier! To make 15 yogurt bites, I used almost the entire quart of yogurt and about 3 tablespoons of Smucker’s Fruit and Honey spread. You don’t want to mix the two super well to combine, just give the fruit spread a few swirls to mix it through. Then, heap two tablespoons of the yogurt and fruit spread mixture into each cavity of your silicon tray. You don’t have to worry about being neat while you fill the because once each of the cavities is filled, you will take a knife and scrape any of the excess yogurt mixture off the top of the tray.
I hope that you enjoy these light and healthy Frozen Greek Yogurt Bites! Remember that you’ll be able to save $1.75 on Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Spread and a quart of Dannon Yogurt to make this recipe, click here for that coupon!
- 3 cups Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Smucker's Fruit and Honey Spread, any variety
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the yogurt and fruit spread. Using a butter knife, lightly mix the fruit spread through the yogurt.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the yogurt and fruit mixture into each cavity of the silicon ice
- cube tray. Place in freezer and freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove the tray from the freezer and allow to sit for about five
- minutes to soften. Pop the yogurt bites from the tray by pressing from the bottom of the
- tray. Store in the freezer in a freezer safe bag.
- There are about 30 calories and 2 grams of protein per bite!