These Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps are a quick and easy dinner when you’re pinched for time! Quick cooked steak, rice and yum yum sauce are wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- 16 ounces steak, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/8 tsp salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Fast Cook Recipe
- 5 tbsp yum yum sauce (see notes)
- lettuce leaves, for wraps
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In large skillet, heat oil on medium high until it just begins to smoke.
- Season steak pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to hot skillet. Allow to sear for 1 to 1.5 minutes, or until the side is lightly caramelized, then flip each piece and sear for another 1 to 1.5 minutes. Add butter and soy sauce, saute for up to a minute until the butter is melted. This should get the steak to about medium rare (using 1 minute on each side) or medium well (using 1.5 minutes on each side).
- In each lettuce leaf, layer rice, steak and yum yum sauce. Serve while steak is still hot.
- Yum Yum sauce is a creamy mayonnaise based sauce served at Japanese steakhouses. I typically keep a bottle of it in my refrigerator, because we use it a lot. You can also make it on your own in about 5 minutes by following this yummy recipe: http://pinchofyum.com/yum-yum-sauce. Or, try a sriracha aioli which is fairly easy to find these days in the condiment aisle.
- Serving Size: 3