No Bake Energy Bites are packed with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, flax and chia seeds.
Pssssttt…. I’m giving away an awesome food processor from Hamilton Beach to one lucky reader! Scroll to the end of this post to enter.
I have been really low on energy lately. I think part of it is just winter. I feel winter pretty hard, the lack of sunshine and outdoor activity really affects my energy level! I’ve also been eating pretty badly (not so great on the new years resolutions), and when I do that, my energy suffers as well. For me, eating healthy during the week is all about prep. If I have time to prep on Sunday, I have a fighting chance! If not, you can bet I’ll struggle to eat healthy for most meals. One of my favorite things to prep are these No Bake Energy Bites! They are packed of protein and nutrition. I eat them for breakfast (in the car, of course) and for a quick energy burst during the day!
This recipe is actually a modified version of another recipe I’ve shared, these Peanut Butter Honey Energy Balls. I’ve made these no less than a hundred times at this point, and I started making small modifications. I omitted the dried apricots and swapped them for mini chocolate chips. I packed them with extra protein powder, chia seeds and flax seeds. And, I learned over time that I really prefer to quickly run the ingredients through a food processor to make the energy balls a bit smoother in texture!
The food process that I used was the Hamilton Beach Professional 14 Cup Dicing
- 1¼ cup oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds, chopped finely (or use food processor to chop for you)
- 1 tbsp protein powder (I use peanut powder like Jif or PB2)
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- In medium mixing bowl or food processor, add oats, almonds, flax and chia seeds. Mix/blend well.
- Add honey, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Place mixing bowl in refrigerator for minimum of 30 minutes.
- Roll chilled mixture into bite-sized balls. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
Hamilton Beach provided me with product to facilitate this post and giveaway. The words and opinions expressed in this review are my own.