- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 stick butter
- 2 diced apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp sal
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth (or more if needed)
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 cup raisins (very optional)
- Toast the bread and tear into small bite-sized pieces.
- Saute the onions and celery in 1/2 of the butter, then remove from pan. Then, saute the apples in the remaining butter. Pour onions, celery and apples over bread.
- Beat eggs and pour over the bread.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- If needed, add more broth to make sure it is moist.
- Bake at 1 hour at 350F in a heavy, foil covered baking dish or pan.