- 6 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup kale leaf, rib removed, finely diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine brussels sprouts, kale leaves, onion, bacon and apples.
- In a separately, small bowl combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Pour the maple dressing over the brussels sprouts mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Stir again before serving to re-distribute the dressing.
- If I’m short on time, I wrap the bacon in paper towels and place it on a plate. I then microwave it for 4-6 minutes until crispy. Be careful when removing from the paper towel, it will be hot!