- 2 5-6 ounce salmon filets
- salt and pepper
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rinse salmon with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Set oven to broil on high.
- In a small, separate bowl, mix the pecans, brown sugar, melted butter and lemon juice
- Place baking tray with salmon in oven on top rack under the broiler. Broil for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, turn fish over. Return to oven, broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven and spoon pecan mixture over top of filets. Return to oven and broil for a final 1-2 minutes. Make sure the nuts do not burn.
- Check for done-ness of salmon (I cut a filet to check that it’s to my liking).