- 2 pieces Pepperidge Farm Seeded Bread
- 4 slices bacon, thick cut, preferably peppered or smoked
- 3 slices tomato, preferably heirloom
- 1 leaf iceberg lettuce, washed
- 1 egg
- optional condiments (see notes)
- in a non-stick skillet, add a splash of butter or olive oil, melt over medium heat. Add bread to skillet, toasting for about 2-3 minutes per side until slightly brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add bacon to skillet and cook over medium heat until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to allow to drain.
- Keep bacon grease in skillet. Crack egg into bacon grease to fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side on medium-high heat. I like my eggs over easy (runny yolk). If you don’t, add an extra minute to each side to allow the yolk to harden. The egg should flip easily with a spatula, that’s how you know it’s time to flip!
- Layer bread, bacon, tomato, lettuce, egg and any optional toppings. Serve while egg is still warm.
- To top off this sandwich, I typically add a smear of mayo, some cheddar cheese, and raw red onion. This is of course, totally up to you!