This Deep Dish Strawberry Pie recipe uses a ton of fresh strawberries and a simple homemade gelatin filling.
- 1 pre-baked deep dish 9” pie crust
- 4-5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Arrange 4-5 cups sliced fresh strawberries in pre-baked pie shell.
- Add ginger ale, mashed strawberries and sugar to medium sauce pan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Mix water with corn starch, then dump water/corn starch paste into sauce pan. Allow to simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour strawberry liquid over fresh strawberries in pie pan.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours, or ideally overnight to allow gelatin to set. Serve with whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 8