- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (thai basil preferred)
- juice of one lime
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 7 ounces bean thread or super thin rice noodles (check asian aisle)
- Add chicken breast, water and soy sauce into crock pot. Cook covered on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 5-6.
- Remove chicken breast from crock pot, shred. Return to crock along with chicken broth, matchstick carrots, cilantro, chives, lime juice and pepper. Cover and allow to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir to thoroughly cover in liquid. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until noodles are softened.