This quinoa salad with avocados, black beans and tomatoes has an incredible, zesty lime dressing and is so healthy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed per package instructions
- 1.75 cups water
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1.5 avocados, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped*
Dressing (reserve for later)
- juice of 1.5 limes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- In a medium sized pot, add olive oil and heat on medium for 1-2 minutes. Add quinoa and toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring lightly. Pour in water and turn burner to heat heat until water starts to boil. Give a quick stir, then cover and simmer on LOW heat for 15-20 minutes until the water is completely absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy when stirred.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and adjust add more lime juice or olive oil to taste. Make sure all your add-ins are ready to go.
- Add black beans to cooked quinoa, stir, and remove from heat. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add avocado, tomatoes, red onion, garlic. red pepper and stir well to combine.
- Finally, add dressing and cilantro, stir again.
- Serve slightly warm or chilled. We prefer it chilled.
- *I add up to 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, but I would consider my family to love cilantro in an excessive sort of way. Adjust up or down for your tastebuds.
- Serving Size: 8