Fluffy, dense pancakes made healthier with the addition of quinoa and chia seeds!
- 1 and 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying pan)
- 2 tablespoons Salba Chia Seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, sift together self rising flour and sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, then add buttermilk and vanilla, stirring vigorously but leaving a few lumps in batter.
- Meter in the dry ingredients, stirring a few times with each addition.
- Add in quinoa and (optional) chia seeds, then allow to sit for 5-10 minutes before lightly stirring again.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add batter to pan (about 1/2 cup for a 5 inch pancake). Cook until bubbles start to come through the top of the pancake, then flip. Finish the pancake with about 45 seconds to 1 minute of cooking, until light golden brown. Do not allow to burn.
- *You can quickly cook quinoa in the microwave with a microwave safe dish. It took me about 7 minutes total.
- **If you’d like to mix in blueberries or chocolate chips, use about 1.5 cups.
- Serving Size: 5